|Sept.2001 - Current
||Amada America, Inc.
||Buena Park, CA
- Designed and developed the entire Intranet for the company. Features included:
- A full JScript/MSSQL based security system, including per-user permissions for everything from news items to user management.
- A JScript/MSSQL searchable employee directory, with text-messaging to cell phone support.
- A daily news section that managers could easily edit through their web browsers.
- A file retrieval system that allowed employees to create and set permissions on their own folders, to upload files, and to determine exactly what people or departments could see or modify those files. As of May 2002 there were 2,800 files at 2.6 GB.
- An IT Trouble Ticket system. Employees would fill out trouble tickets for computer problems, IT management could then assign that trouble ticket to an IT employee, who would then take care of the issue and close the ticket. All parties were kept informed of the status of the tickets through email.
- Designed and developed the www.amada.com website. Notable features included:
- A hot news section which could be updated by managers.
- A daily rotating picture.
- A product selector that allowed the customer to sort the various machine models my different stats.
|Jan.2001 - Present
||The SimpleFiles Network (self employed)
||Buena Park, CA
http://simplefiles.net - I designed and developed a fully automated pay picture distribution service, utilizing PHP, MySQL, and PayPal.
http://simpleads.org - I designed and developed a fully automated banner advertising system, utilizing PHP, MySQL, and PayPal.
https://quickwired.com - A political news and discussion site I created and keep updated. Built with PHP and MySQL.
|Sept.2000 - June.2001
||JAHL Data Systems, Inc.
||Klamath Falls, OR
- Developed a user security system for an existing web site using ASP and SQL. Separate permissions fields in the database were used to determine what the users were allowed to do. The permissions were stored in session variables, which stayed with the user throughout the session.
|June.2000 - Sept.2000
||Rare Medium, Inc.
Web Developer, Technician
- Developed the Starbright World internal website.
- Visual Basic was used to create the client-side application. The program ran on dedicated computers and in full screen so the computer could not be used for other purposes. I was responsible for allowing the AOL Instant Messenger COM Objects to be controlled from the web pages that the user was viewing.
- To display the site correctly, DHTML was used for fades and special effects and CSS was used for formatting.
- I used flash to create small animations of twinkling stars.
- Photoshop was used to slice, touch-up, and compress the graphics that came from the artists.
||Bear Creek Lock, Safe & Alarm, Inc.
- Developed company web site & online store using HTML, Perl, and mySQL. The store lists over 300 products with pictures, prices, and descriptions. The products are broken up into categories, which the user can then view.
- Developed the company softball tournament web site using HTML.
- Installed and maintained company computers running Windows 95/98